Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"There is a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive...."--a tirade, sort of

Some of you know that our cell phone has been on the fritz lately. This is probably due to the fact that I have washed it three times by accident in the washing machine. I am really amazed at this phone's durability. I highly recommend it! But in a delayed reaction (I washed it last several months ago and it hasn't given me a problem) it has been acting up lately. Last night the phone displayed a curious message. "Car kit," it said. In an effort to figure out what this meant, I looked through all the menus on the phone. Nothing contained the words, "car" or "kit". I called my friend Sheri, there was no dial tone and yet it called her and neither of us could hear a thing. I finally dug up the owners manual which happened to be in my craft box. It had nothing to say on the subject, which I found quite irritating.

Finally we turned to the all powerful internet to see if it knew the meaning of the mysterious phrase, "car kit". We found some Verizon gurus on Yahoo Answers. Apparently it means that the phone has had some water damage (go figure) and that it thinks it is plugged into a car charger or "car kit". The all wise Verizon techies tell us that basically there is nothing you can do but buy a new phone. Right. Just what they want you to think. They convientiently fail to mention the "beat the tv until it works trick". I think Nate used this method last night to make it work again, which it did. I foolishly thought all was well. After I finished charging it, and unplugged it tonight the dreaded message, "car kit" had returned. "Bah!" I thought to myself. I decided to take the moderate approach of hitting it against the palm of my hand. No luck. I tried taking out the battery and putting it back in to no avail! I then resorted to throwing it against the ground, which I thought was a little drastic. No response. Finally, I did the unthinkable (I had nothing to loose), I chucked against the floor (don't worry it was carpeted) hard enough to force the battery out. Success! Persistence is the key my friends! It's the phone that keeps going, and going, and going. The phone of champions!

The moral is don't give up on your phone! If you keep loving it it will come back to you. (And don't wash it in a washing machine...ever...it is a dry clean only item) So feel free to call us on it! If we don't answer or you can't hear us speak, just know that we still love you and proceed to try to call us on our home phone.

I would like to take this opportunity to appologize to Cheryl. Sorry for not taking good care of the phone you gave us. :( I feel terrible. We'll use it as long as possible. I hereby vow NEVER to wash a cell phone in the washing machine again. We love you!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

MUA HA HAHA!

"dry clean only item"

HA HA HA SOME MORE!

You crack me up! I'm so glad you got it to work again. You are a genius.

Deborah said...

This is hilarious! I can't believe it still worked after washing it three times! What kind of phone do you have?

Unknown said...

From personal experience with other electronics, I know there is one (more drastic) action you can take - pop the guts open and dry off the wet spots.

Meridy said...

Hey that's good to know Dad! Thanks!