Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Calculated Risk

So Nate, brave man that he is, had me cut his hair. I have cut only one other person's hair and that would be Ellie. She is three and doesn't know any better. But as you all know, Nathan has never been one to stress over his personal appearance. (Good thing for him that he is so handsome.) However, it is my theory that he had me cut his hair not because he is brave and not merely because he cares little about his appearance, it is because he is an economist. Thinking on the margin and all that. He merely took a calculated risk. He decided that his hair was getting long and annoying. Nathan would never, gasp, send money on something as trival as a hair cut. His mother, who lives out of town, couldn't cut his hair at the moment. What was he to do?? He did a little cost benefit anaylisis and decided that FREE is always better than NOT-FREE. All he had to do is run the little risk of looking like a geek.

I must say, however, that I did a pretty good job. There is only one place where the cut is noticeably uneven. Other than that, it looks pretty proffesional. That said, I don't think I really want any of you proffesionals out there looking too closely at his head....


Here are some before and after pictures.



before



after


7 comments:

The Mursets said...

I am impressed! Good job Meridy!

Sheri said...

Great job! But what's with the crazed look on his face?

sara said...

Good job Mer - Stanford would never pay to have his hair cut either, in fact when he found out how much it costs to get mine done he about had a heart attack. I think he's still recovering...

Shella said...

I think it's great! Definitely not like a geek.

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

I am so impressed. I was cutting Kenneth's hair for awhile. One day I forgot to put on the guard and made a strip up the back of his head, All I could do was laugh and hug his neck and beg forgiveness. I begged him to go to the barber shop for a quick fix. He thought it was funny. We went to an Elder's quorum party that night and he showed it off like a medal. I could have just died. The next day was Sunday, he was in the bishopric and was so happy to sit on the stand with that hair.
Finally Monday night he stopped by the barber shop. I don't cut his hair anymore.

Sheri said...

Mer! http://bp0.blogger.com/_gOPR8bogWUY/RhCasUjZCRI/AAAAAAAAABM/nFvrjzoB9eY/s1600-h/IMG_0142.JPG

Look at this picture of Shella I saw on Zach's page. Okay, maybe I'm CRAZY-go-nuts, but I think she looks like Ellie a little in that picture!

Deborah said...

Good job. Maybe you can cut Roman's hair next time!