Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Friday, April 25, 2008

100 Things

I keep reading these things, and decided it would be fun to start one. So here goes...

1. I love to sing in the car. In fact that is half the enjoyment of traveling anywhere.
2. Spring is my favorite season. Not at the begining when it is still cold, but when it gets to close to 80 degrees.
3. I love daylight savings.
4. I think out loud.
5. I often think I must look like an idiot when I'm walking by myself outside and talking out loud to myself.
6. I, unlike many of you, (from what I've read), LOVE food.
7. I just decided that I am going to morph this list with that couple one that has been going around.
8. I sleep on the side of the bed that is closest to the door. (I thought that question was interesting.)
9. I think I like to sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door because I want an easy escape route if criminals come to my house or if I need to help one of my kids durring the night.
10. I like to watch lightning storms off of my parent's deck in the summer.
11. I'm not good at hiding my emotions.
12. I wish that I was good at hiding my emotions.
13. I love to read!!!
14. When I read a book, I become obsessed with it, and cannot put it down. I literally read it for hours and hours and hours.
15. When this happens, my poor children fend for themselves.
16. I admit that I mostly love romance, fantasy novels.
17. As long as it has a good clean romance in it though, I am there.
18. Why is it so hard to find those??
19. Because of this I am writing a novel.
20. It's probably dumb.
21. I wish it wasn't. ;)
22. I love fairytales turned into novels.
23. Okay enough about my reading habits.
24. I love to scrapbook.
25. I am messy by nature.
26. I sometimes use my being "creative" as an excuse for it.
27. When I am sick, I proclaim over and over, "I'm sick."
28. Just as I think out loud, I deal with emotions outloud to trusted individuals.
29. I can be opinionated, but hate contention, so I may not always share my opinion.
30. I have strong opinions, but on the otherhand (depending on what it is)my opinion can be somewhat easily changed.
31. When I feel empassioned about a subject I go on rants to trusted people, for long periods of time. Poor them.
32. When on a rant, I am compulsed to anaylize all of the options and points of view there are.
33. It is really good that I don't rant to everyone, because later I often find out that I was wrong and my emotions were unfounded.
34. I am a worrier and therefore make plans for future problems that worry me. The sad part is that .01% of these problems ever occur.
35. I often like to cheat on quizes and questionaires that don't matter. (Such as this one :) But then I have to say "But I cheated." to make it all okay. (I DO NOT cheat when I am playing games or in school. Just wanted to make sure I said that.)
36. I cheated on the questionaire by breaking up one big thing into small things. There I said it. I cheated.
37. I love a lot of different songs, from different people, and in different styles. If I don't really love it, I don't listen to it or turn it on.
38. I like to take pictures of my kids.
39. I don't really like pictures of me.
40. I love Nathan.
41. Nate says that that should have been higher on the list.
42. I agree.
43. Actually, while we're splitting hairs, I should have put that I love God, the gospel, and Jesus Christ as number one.
44. I like dry climates.
45. I love it when it rains in the desert, and then it smells good, but I don't like to get wet, so I stay inside while it raining.
46. I am not a great swimmer, but I do LOVE to swim.
47. Going back to that rant thing, on a similar note, when I am anaylizing everything, I often wish my brain would shut up and stop thinking.
48. I have a very strong adversion to Gumby and other puppet toon type shows. (Sorry to disappoint you Dad.)
49. I am serious. Gumby effects my inner state of peace. He gives me the hibbie jibbies. Probably because the characters are weird and look weird, the music is weird, and their adventures are weird.
50. I love my kids. (again should have been higher.)
51. I like to sleep.
52. I do not like to fold laundry.
53. When I actually do the laundry I do it in a couple of large loads to survive on for a week. Don't worry, we DO wear clean clothes.
54. I would like to think that I am funny.
56. I love amusement parks.
57. I love tourist traps, but not when they are too crowded.
58. I love nature, but on my terms.
59. I don't like to brush my teeth. Don't worry, I do it anyway.
60. I hate sneezing. Nothing is so agrivating as having your nose force you to sneeze when you are in the middle of a thought, or doing something important.
61. I am not a great speller, and I don't think that I will fix my spelling mistakes on this post. Sorry.
62. I am learning to sew.
63. Someday soon I will finally get to trying out my bread machine.
64. I always want to be at peace with everyone.
65. I want to go to Hawaii. I wish that Nate did.
66. We are planning to go to Guatemala again. And to England. Someday.
67. I can't wait until Nate is done with school.
68. I am a poor salesman.
69. I am the boss of Nathan, but Ellie is the boss of both of us.
70. I have a hard time saying no.
71. The colors I wear have to be matching. It even bugs me if my pajamas aren't matching.
72. My kids clothes have to match too.
73. I've learned to mostly overlook Nathan's clothes when they mismatch.
74. I love lappy. (Lappy is our laptop.)
75. I still like to watch cartoons every once in a while.
76. I love clean romantic movies. Why are those so hard to find too?
77. I would say that for this reason I am staring in my own clean romance, but I am a horrible actress.
78. I love blogging
79. I love looking at other people's blogs
80. I like to clean with wet wipes. I wish everything could be cleaned with wetwipes.
81. If in time of crisis and water not available, I am not wasting my water on bathing. I am going to survive longer by drinking it. I am going to mostly use wet-wipes to wash. (I own that I will have to use water to wash at one point or another.) Wetwipes are easier to store than water.
82. I think that this plan is brilliant. No one else seems to think it is. (And don't worry in real life I shower very often.)
83. I have a small flower garden on my deck that is mostly living. (actually now, after writing this, it is dying. I'm going to get a couple of new flowers tomorrow. I highly recomend Miracle Grow's Organic potting soil. The flowers that got that soil are acutally hanging on....by a thread.)
84. I have become more friendly and open since moving away to law school. When I go back home for visits, I revert to my shy and seemingly aloof self. This has been driving me nuts.
85. I am very indecisive. It goes back to over anaylizing things.
86. I like to call my mom and sister. They are really the only people I chat with on the phone. Everyone else I mostly, msn, email, or talk with in person.
87. I pay the bills.
88. Nate had to propose to me twice. I loved him, I just wasn't as ready to answer the question as I thought I was the first time.
89. My being indecisive is the only thing about me that drives Nate nuts. It drives him nuts. Especially when I ask his opinion, and he tells me, and then I say, well what about this option, or that option, or that one.
90. Nate is really kind to like me so much.
91. I am VERY ticklish.
92. I hunt and gather rye chips from those snack pretel mixes.
93. Milk and water are my favorite beverages (we go through 4 or 5 gallons a week with only 3 milk drinkers)
94. I am excellent at air hockey (I scored points with Nate when we were dating by beating him).
95. Rap is not music.
96. I have 96 pairs of flip-flops (not Quite that many).
97. I love shopping. Getting a great deal gives me a shopper's high. I learned this from Cheryl.
98. I love home decor. I have intrest in interior design.
99. I don't love to be in close contact with animals. I like animals, I just don't want to have any.
100. I like to go on walks.
101. I quote at least one of my favorite movies every day. It doesn't happen on purpose, it is just something I tend to do. (I figure that I can add on a few extra to the end, because "as I said before, you may recall," I cheated.)--that quote was from Emperor's New Groove.
102. I thought Nate was a famer the first time I saw him. Cut me some slack, he was wearing a plaid, flannel shirt to school. Who does that? I was half right. He is from Hurricane. A place I love very much.
103. Some day I want to live in Toqerville, Utah.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

That was very interesting to read. I feel like I got to know you better. :) I don't think I'm going to do it though. I don't know if I could come up with 100 interesting things about me. By the way, I'll read your novel anytime.

Sheri said...

I love your rants, mer! They are the funnest.

77 & 82 cracked me up.

about 92. I hope you hunt and gather those rye chips so you can BURN them, because they're not very good. I avoid the rye chips. Yes I do.

103. I think it's ridiculous that you want to live in Toquerville just because they have a shoe tree. What a shoddy reason to want to live somewhere! If I hang shoes on my shower rod will you want to come live with ME?! Because I can do that, you know....

Loved the list. Thanks for doing it! Sorry I only commented on the last half, I didn't have a pen while I was reading the first half so I couldn't jot down notes.

I heart you.

sara said...

Loved the list. I feel like I know you better. :) I love clean, romance, fantasy (what about fairy tale?) novels too. I've got some great ones - we'll have to talk.

Rachel said...

You forgot to add that you are a very good writer! Your posts are always superbly written! Each one is like literature!

kaarina said...

ooooo, i just read this! so fun! i'm really excited to be friends with you because i liked your list so well!