Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Random Ramblings and Tirades

So I am sure that you are all wondering why I changed the blog background. I am sure that you sit up at night wondering about it. The truth is, that it was making me feel sick. Why, you ask? Because for five days I was feeling incredibly ill. I was very indisposed. And to keep myself from wallowing in self misery I would try to do things that I would normally find enjoyable on the computer. I even acquired the new hobby of digital scrapbooking. Unfortunately, it now reminds me of a very dark time in my very recent past. Durring my illness, I would often look at my blog page in between viewing all of your blogs. After I recovered, when I would look at the blog and think about posting, the dark memories would return. So I decided to start fresh, and Springy.

On related topic. I have noticed recently that the General Authorities often comment on how their beloved wives don't complain during illnesses (they are very sweet to speak so kindly of their wives). And I thought to myself, "Well I sure do!" Sorry, Nate. Your wife is holding you back! I really hope that I am not a whining irritating complainer when indisposed. I just need to state repetitively, "I'm sick!!!" Not because I want sympathy. Okay, I want a little sympathy. But honestly it is mostly just to get the feelings off of my back. "I'm in torturous pain and suffering! Go about your business. Just wanted to let you in on my life. Oh and by the way can I have a drink of water?"

On a completely unrelated topic. Why is it that you can only skip around if you have the DVD remote!??!?! We constantly lose ours. Ellie wants to watch a specific part in the special features section. On a VCR you can (at least on ours) do anything that you want or need just by pressing the buttons on the VCR itself. Why can't they just put some arrow and enter buttons on the DVD player itself? Can't be that hard. It would make our live significantly easier. Maybe Nate and I will send them a midnight email message to make our sentiments known. Those are fun. Emails are much more entertaining at midnight when you are hysterically laughing over something that isn't really funny. You should want to be a recipient of one of those.

Back to being sick. So Nate was such a sweetheart and watch the kids for me. This was a difficult and grueling task for him. (Thanks Nate!) It showed me very clearly the difference between parenting styles of men and women in general. Women seem to be more aware of what their kids are doing. I love those jokes where the line is something like this:

The mom goes out and comes back.
"Where are the kids honey?"
And the father's response is, "I don't know."
And then the kids proceed to be doing something outrageous.

So here is our own little anectdote:
Nate was taking the kids outside for me while I was trying to get some well needed rest. Nate and William were sitting playing, and Ellie ran off for just a second. Nate thought that she would come right back, because she usually does. When it become apparent that Ellie was not going to return in the near future, Nate ran William back into the house, and went after Ellie. He looked all around for her. When he finally found her, he asked, "Ellie, where did you go?" Ellie's expression was thoughtful, and her response was priceless, "I was in the garbage eating Cheetos I think."

Do you ever wonder why you bathe your kids? I do. Baths are a very long process at our house because the kids like to play in the tub for so long. The other day, right after giving Ellie and Will a bath, Ellie asked for some buttered toast. I made her toast and let her eat it with out paying much attention. A couple hours later I noticed that William's head was greasy and smelt like butter. Yuck. I just used some of my trusty wet wipes on his head to hold out until I could stand to go through the process of bathing my children again. It worked really well. Go wet wipes!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm sorry that you've been sick. Are you feeling better now? Actually I did look at your blog a couple of times and wonder why the background kept changing.

The stories about Ellie are too funny! And I totally understand about the baths. Grace never wants to stop what she's doing to take a bath, but once she's in she never gets out. And Roman... sometimes I wonder why I bother bathing him at all. He's always dirty. Even if he had a bath 10 minutes earlier. I don't know how he manages it actually.

Deborah said...

Oh yeah, I also wanted to let you know that I totally agree about dvd players too. Right now we can't find the remote to our tv/dvd player. I can't stand it. There are some movies you won't even play without it.

Sheri said...

HEY! It's letting me comment. Unfortunately, I already told you on MSN how fun this post was. Darn.

Charisse said...

I'm sad to hear you were sick. Are you better now? I totally agree with you that Moms and Dads totally watch kids differently. I can totally see why they recommend that women stay home. How old is Ellie? Blake did turn three in December.

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

I hope you are feeling better...I absolutely loved reading your blog. I also love the backgrounds! I want to hear more about digital scrapbooks...I'm interested!!! I didn't even know they existed. Why am I so behind the times? Nate- thanks for the article about Wal-mart...a hard pill to swallow...