Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Spinach Puffs!!


"Ah, there so easy to make! I'll get you the recipe."
Here are some spinach puffs I made. They were pretty easy to make, but the cresent rolls taste like the I-got-them-out-of-the-can-that-pops kind.....which they are. :) They are still really good for what they are. Although, next time I might see how hard it would be to make some home made dough.
Here is the recipe:
SPINACH AND SWISS CHEESE PUFFS
1 tube of Pillsbury Crescent rolls
2 cups fresh chopped spinach
1 container of "laughing cow" light semi-soft Swiss cheese (contains 8 pieces)
garlic powder
basil
oregano
ground pepper

Mix Swiss Cheese in a bowl with chopped spinach, garlic, basil, oregano, and pepper. Unroll Crescent rolls. Place a 1/2 tablespoon of cheese mixture in the middle of each Crescent triangle. Fold dough over cheese mixture. Make sure mixture is firmly in middle of dough with no opening.
Place on baking sheet. Sprinkle garlic powder and basil over each piece and bake according to instructions for Crescent rolls.
Serves 8
I used about a half of a 8oz cream cheese + one tablespoon of parmesan cheese instead of Swiss. I used about half of a 9oz bag of spinach from out of my freezer. Note: do not freeze spinach unless you don't mind it coming out mushy when thawed. But it worked for this. :) Another note: use basil sparingly. A little basil goes a loooong way. I also did not sprinkle garlic powder and basil over the tops of the rolls.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

So THAT'S what a spinach puff looks like. I always wondered and never knew. You are causing me to be cultured.

ps my msn is being so DUMB and I can't get on. I sorry!