Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Chicken Posole Verde

I got this recipe out of 29 Minutes to Dinner from our friends at Pampered Chef. Leslie gave it to me for Christmas, and it is awesome! (thanks Leslie!) This soup is quick, easy, delicious, and can be easily modified to a food storage meal. It is good for a cold winter's day, but fresh enough to eat in the summer. Here is how I make it:

Chicken Posole Verde

garlic salt (maybe a couple of teaspoons?) (They use real garlic 2 cloves, heated through at the beginning)

1 can (29 oz) white hominy

2 cups chicken broth

1 cup water

1 can (10 oz) mild green enchilada sauce (use medium or hot if you like it spicy)

1 tsp oregano (They say to use Mexican oregano but I never have any)

2 cups of diced cooked chicken (you could use rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Haven't tried that; bet it would be yummy though!)

1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage

chopped fresh cilantro

limes

I usually start by taking some frozen chicken breasts and boiling them in water to cook. When it is done cooking, I drain it to about 3 cups of water. I add in bullion to make the broth. Then I add in all the ingredients except for the cabbage and cilantro and lime. (I don't add in the cup of water either.) I let it simmer for like 20 min. When you are ready to serve, pour out soup into bowls and garnish with fresh cabbage, cilantro, and lime juice (as much as you want).

If you are willing to used canned chicken, and bottled lime juice, and forgo fresh cabbage and cilantro, then it would be a yummy dinner entirely from food storage.

See below for Gautamalian Chicken recipe.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Is that an actual picture of what YOU MADE?! It looks like a restaurant picture!

I love how you tell EXACTLY how you did it. Like, you said to boil the chicken. That was extremely helpful to me. Most people say, "get some cooked chicken" without specifying how the crap I'm supposed to do it. Thanks! I think I'll try it!