Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Sunday, June 1, 2008

To Zion





I'm still trying to play catch up....We went on a day trip to Zion when when we went to Utah last. It was fun! William was really into hiking up the hill, Ellie not so much. She wanted to ride on the bus. William did not like the bus. He wanted to be free. So we had some issues. When we were close to half way up on our hike, I said something about having a snack. I don't know what I was thinking. We didn't bring a snack. So we had to walk all the way back down and ride the bus to get back to our car to get some food. But at least we got some good pictures, and got to see the elk by the resturant we ate at, called Blondie's. (You should try it sometime!) We actually called the elk reindeer at first. I don't think that our fine Utah ansestors would be proud of that. ;) I had to take William outside after I hurried and ate my meal, because once again he was raring to go! So I took him outside to see the elk again. He tried to get the elk to come over and see him by shouting at them. The elk just looked at him. They were amused but not convinced. You kind of had to be there....

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Cute pictures of the 3 hikers.
Did you notice the other hikers in the photo by the stone wall? They look like they came to Zion to go on a hike with hats and backpacks probably carrying water, snacks and the like.
They most likely didn't have little kids to tote along though. You were just lucky to get out.
Wm looks like he wore his hiking shoes and he sure is a mover.
I'm glad you got away for a day to enjoy the Park and Springdale
Love ya!

Shella said...

I went to Blondie's with Zach once, and I had a Navajo taco. I must say, it wasn't anything like Mom's. It was fun to go, though. Zach is friends with a guy whose family owns the elk ranch. I kind of am too (he played percussion in band), but mostly Zach is. It sounds like you had fun!

LeAnn said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. We took Kendi a few months ago thinking that it might be a disaster, but it was well worth it. I can tell from your pictures that your kids have so much personality. They are so cute.

Deborah said...

What cute pictures! Next time you'll have to get some with yourself in them. ;) That's a problem I have. I'm always taking the pictures so I'm never in any of them.

And I so feel for you with your wanting to sit-and-watch-the-scenery girl and your raring-to-go boy. Mine are like that too.

Deborah said...

Let's do get the law school moms together again soon. That sounds fun. Maybe we could go swimming at our common pool. :)