Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Saturday, June 28, 2008

My House is Clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well actually no. It is not clean at present. But it is still organized. Meaning that everything (nearly everything) has a home. I've actually been meaning to post this post forever. Since around the 14th of June when my house was organized and clean. So I will now proceed to paste and copy the original message that I started, and then finish it now:

In order for you to clap with the vigor and enthusiasm required at the news that my house is clean, you must see what my house looked like before. However, I think it best not to impede upon your good opinion of me. Still, to give you some idea of what it looked like, think of the houses you gaze in horror upon when you watch the show Clean Sweep or Mission Organization. Every room was its one little mountain of junk. You think I am joking? Good. Let's keep it that way. But please continue to clap with vigor.

How did it get like this??? I wondered that often as I cleaned. I realized that it goes back to childhood. If only I had listened to my most excellent mother, and cleaned my room, none of this would have happened. I am reminded of a time in my youth, actually it may have lasted until early college, when I would fill half of my queen sized bed with junk. Really. Like I would sleep on one half of the bed and books, pencils, papers, random pieces of jewelry, hair clips....really I could go on, but I'll stop. Anyway, all of these items would sleep on the other side. This means I that I have a creative personality, right?? (Please smile and nod. Thank you.) I could live quite happily like this for some time, until something in the back of my brain would snap and I would go on a cleaning tirade in my room. My joy at it's cleanliness was full, and yet, the cleanliness would only last for a bout a week. This was the beginning of the vicious cycle that used to occur at my own house, after I married Nathan (notice that I used the word "used", as in past tense. We'll get back to that.). It is different in one's house. When it was just my room, it was okay because I was only in my room at night time. When I continued this habit in my entire home, it became a nightmare.

Now adays we have truly repented. This was mostly spurred on by the fact that some men had to come and do repairs to almost our entire condo. There was no way in Kansas that they were going to be able to do that while we were a candidate for Clean Sweep. So the cleaning was absolutely mandatory. You know that whole, "compelled to be humble thing"? Well I had to be compelled to clean my house. Yes, sad it came to that I know. But I think this event will have lasting implications. We clean up after ourselves now (mostly, you'll notice up at the top that I said that my house wasn't currently clean). We set an alarm on our phone to ring at 9:oopm every night. This summons the great event of "clean up time". We even try to get Ellie involved by using a sticker chart, which worked great for potty training, but not cleaning so much. The point is that even though we are dependent upon a little noise, we get some productive cleaning done everyday. Nate is so sweet to help me in my deficiencies. We might even buy into "Clean up Saturday." We'll do some cleaning, but then have some fun.

So, yes, do raise up a cheer! We have conquered the monstrous mess!

6 comments:

The Leonards said...

Congratulations! I know how badly you wanted to get this all done So I am very excited for you but I would say the most important thing to address in this comment is your cute background! I love it, it is adorable and very festive! So, I was playing around with mine the other day and I found a way to get the wall paper all the way across! I went to the website I gave you earlier http://carlysblogtips.blogspot.com/ and it worked, it just didn't look good with my flowers on the side so I left it the way I have it. Well this is turning into an e-mail so I better stop! Are you guys going out to Utah for the 4th?

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Meridy,
How very exciting, good job! It is almost impossible to keep a clean house all of the time, we can't be perfect! But thanks for all of the time you devote to blogging, that could be a small part of the reason your housework had fallen behind. I really do wish that after all of the hard work of cleaning and organizing that it would stay done.

Cheryl said...

You and Nate can conquer whatever you want to. You are both smart, talented, enthusiastic and able.
You give us all hope and motivation. --and a great story. Thanks for blogging. Love you!

Angie said...

Good Job! Nathan, I hope your closet was involved in the clean up! And if it was then my faith is restored, I couldn't see a GA or a professional not using hangers.

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Such an entertaining blog!
"Why oh why can't it stay clean?"
I often ask myself.
Don't get so hung up on the cleaning that the blog suffers, then what would we all do?

HammondFam said...

It is just the aquarian in you!! I am a fellow aquarian (Feb 1st...woo - wooh)! We just don't feel the need to be 100 % organized -- it's what makes us fun!! :) We just do our best, and that's all we can do!