Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Peach Sherbet

So Nate asked me to get twin pops at our local Walmart. Unfortunately for him, the public got wise and bought out the product. So we were stuck with a dilemma. Buy the expensive kind of popsicles that only come with eight in a box, go completely without frozen goods, or buy Good Value peach sherbet for $2.50. Well I'm sure you know that I bought the sherbet. I am not disappointed. First of all it comes in an attractive package, or at least more attractive than the cardboard gallon ice cream containers. Second, for cheap sherbet it tastes really good; refreshing and sweet. Thirdly, it is fat free and, therefore, more "guiltless". Now you all know that I am not usually an advocate for fat free, but what it lacks in fat, it makes up for in delicious sugar and therefore proves that I have not gone off the deep end. Fourth, and I saved the best for last, it is like having a tasty popsicle without the stick! Really, how many of you like the part in your popsicle devouring when you hit the popsicle stick. Frankly, I think popsicle sticks are disgusting. One moment you are eating a nice, refreshing popsicle and the next you are eating a soggy piece of wood. All the licks therafter are tainted with the tell-tale taste of popsicle stick. At this point in my popsicling I pass on the stick to Nathan to do the dirty work. Thank you, but I would like to eat my popsicles with a spoon.

3 comments:

The Leonards said...

That was hilarious! I had no idea you found popsicle sticks so disgusting and in all honesty you are right. One moment you are eating this tasty treat and the next moment you find splinters in your mouth. Well okay not splinters but it might as well be! Normally I don't like anything fat free but Peach sherbet sounds super tasty, so I may break down and buy some.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Meridy,
It's on my shopping list, I'll give you a full report after our taste test.

Sheri said...

You are very wise. No stick! It never occurred to me...genius. Pure genius.