Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Monday, October 20, 2008

And I thought that I would never make this BLUNDER...

Okay, so in the somewhat recent past I had an occasion to meet with a bunch of friends. It was under very joyous circumstances. I was in an overly good mood and then I made a really STUPID mistake. I asked a friend if his beautiful wife (fortunately she wasn't around at the time) was pregnant........

She was not.

OH! how I wanted to crawl up in a hole and DIE!!!! OH! how I told myself I would never do this!!! She didn't even really look pregnant. I was just too happy and too thoughtless....actually the thought of, "Why not ask? Everyone is getting pregnant! What a happy world!" came across my mind. BAD, Bad, bad.

So then, I was blog surfing last night and found their blog!! All those guilty feelings came rushing back. Does anyone have a wall that I can beat my head against, and chant STUPID, Stupid, stupid???? I'm afraid to even show my face on their blog......

So once again I rededicate myself to my maxim: Never ask unless she looks like she is having her baby TOMMOROW. And even then, pray and ponder about asking if she is pregnant.

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Oy! I'm sorry, Mer! I've done this too, except I didn't say it to their husband, I actually said it to their face, and I am still humiliated about it. Amen to your new maxim.

LeAnn said...

I've made the mistake of asking a friend if she was pregnant when she wasn't as well, and I still feel stupid about it. BUT...I've had others ask me if I was pregnant when I wasn't and it doesn't seem to bother me as much as I thought it bothered other people.

The Leonards said...

Ahhh...I have been so tempted to ask some women if they are pregnant recently but I have held my tongue because it is not obvious yet and even when it is, I am super super scared to ask! Luckily I haven't asked yet but I am sure someday I will ask:) Oh and by the way your blog is adorable!

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Oh Meridy, I am sorry. I think we have all this, I did it once, and the ladies baby was a year old, I felt so terrible. I think you are too sweet to have anyone be too angry at you.

Rachel said...

POOOOR Mer!!

Someone once told me that one way you can ask is to say to the woman's husband that someone TOLD YOU that the woman in question is pregnant and that you can't really believe it's true because she looks so good, but you're just dying to know....

Anyway, people understand! It happens all the time! Don't worry!!

Kelly said...

I don't think I would worry about it. He is a guy and probabl forgot you asked five minutes later. Guys don't get all worked up about this kind of stuff like women do. That is unless they opined about it on their blog. Hopefully not.