Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween SURPRISE!

We have had such a good Halloween season!! We went to two trunk-or-treats. At the first trunk or treat Ellie was......Super Kitty!!!! That's a dead fish on the back of her costume with an "x" for the eye. (I sewed it myself.) Yeah, Nate didn't get it either, but it makes more sense when you know that Will was....

Super Monkey!!! I had left over material and I wanted to make Will a cape. I thought it would be fun to coordinate it with the monkey costume Deborah gave me (thanks Deborah!)

For the next trunk or treat Ellie was....
Tinker Bell. Ellie was originally going to be a bumble bee again. But when we were at Toys R Us , Ellie just had to have this Tinker Bell costume. I broke down and bought it for her because I was Tinker Bell one Halloween when I was little. And it was cheap for what it was. (We used yellow wings instead of the ones it came with.) Anyway....then she wanted to be Super Kitty after she found out William was going to be Super Monkey. I was a little bit upset, yet another costume to find, purchase, and then purchase more stuff to make it wearable. But I found a kitty costume on the cheap and still had left over cape material. And William was.....

Super Monkey again.....


Sheri and her family came trunk-or-treating with us (the first trunk-or-treat mentioned was actually Sheri's trunk-or-treat). We all had a good time. We even won a cake at the cake walk!

And now, here is where the Surprise comes in for all of you patient readers. We figured out last minute that Nate had school off because Halloween and Nevada day were the same day. So we made a last minute trip to Utah. We decided to surprise my mom and trick-or-treat at her house Halloween night. We got to the door that evening and my brothers answered. I told them to get Mom. They didn't spill the beans; they just told her to come to the door. Good job guys! As my mom came to the door, she looked out the window for our car (she told me this after), hoping against hope that it was us. Well she was disappointed because our car was not there! We sneakily parked it down the street. When she found out it was us, she was completely SURPRISED:
She was so happy that I almost cried! It was so fun. We went trick-or-treating in my old neighborhood. It was very nostalgic. Ellie was a....


Bumble Bee!! I wanted her to wear all of the costume put together with those wings and the hair, because we hadn't got it that cute in years before. I'm happy she went along with me. Will was....


You guessed it, Super Monkey, again. Saving the world one banana at a time. I'm glad that he didn't feel cheated for having the same costume...hopefully next year will be more simple for Ellie's costumes. I really hope I don't end up buying more...

We had so much fun in Utah with both sides of our family! Thanks for making it such a fun trip. And here are more pictures if you aren't sick of them by now ;)

Click to play
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

6 comments:

Rachel said...

WHAT? William only had ONE costume for Halloween??

Ha ha - Ellie was really lucky to get such a patient mom to make her so many costumes! Go you, Mer!

I love the kitty one best. Especially the dead fish.

Cheryl said...

We were so happy that you came to Utah too! Your pix are so cute.
Love ya!
XOXO

Angie said...

Please tell me that I didn't miss a year! It is still 2008 right? ;)
I love your new background and banner. Maybe you could swing one my way again? Your pictures are darling. It is so much more fun if you can dress up two or three ways, Eleanor might be trouble when she needs a new dress for every occation!

Sheri said...

I love the costumes. My favorite pictures are the ones of your mom when you surprised her! Great picture taking, you timed those JUST RIGHT. So fun! We missed you, though, just so you know.

Shella said...

Very cute post, Mer. I love the pictures and the way they help tell the story.

The Leonards said...

I love the capes, you did a really good job! The kids look adorable in all of the pictures and you guys must have got so much candy from all of the different trick or treating you did!!! The pictures of your mom are so funny and just priceless!