Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Such an Ego

So this morning when I got back from playing table tennis Meridy said to me, "I think you were all placed on this earth to keep waking me up." I guess the world revolves around Meridy! Ping pong was just an excuse for me to wake Meridy up at 6:00 A.M. William woke up at whatever unearthly hour it was this morning just to wake Meridy up too. And Eleanor woke up at 6:35 A.M. demanding breakfast and a show with that selfsame goal in mind--keep waking up Mommy.
Hmm, I'm starting to think Meridy has a point. Maybe the purpose of our lives is to keep waking her up. I mean, it's what we're good at. I must say, it feels good to have a purpose in life.

6 comments:

sara said...

I would have to say that I would not be happy about waking up that early either!!!

Nate said...

I love the new blog Mer! Plus it's so much easier to read.

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Nate,
Maybe you are living with "Sleeping Beauty"
She is beautiful you know.

Bethany C. said...

Clever entry. I love it! I feel the same way about my sleep. And Sleeping Beauty only lasts while I'm sleeping. Awake- I'm the Wicked Witch of the West. Happy sleeping, Meridy!

Cole & Amandalynn Blair said...

I so sympathize with Meridy, only I have to admit that if I went to bed at a decent hour instead of packing as much as possible in until I drop from exhaustion, I might not have any complaints. Sleep, excercise, and food that didn't come off a toddlers plate are not common gifts of motherhood. Instead we get interesting conversations with our 4year olds at any hour of the day or night, food covered smiles, and discovering the deeper meaning in Dr. Suess books after reading them till your tounge goes numb. I wouldn't trade it for all the comforts in the world.

Project Maniac said...

I get REALLY ornery when I don't get enough sleep.