Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Monday, September 8, 2008

538 and "Save Earth"

Firstly, 538 is my new high score in Yahtzee. I was playing against Eleanor, and I kept rolling Yahtzees. I missed the large straight and, surprisingly, 4 of a Kind. All my 4 of a Kinds turned into Yahtzees.

Secondly, my "Save Earth" post may have rubbed some readers the wrong way. I apologize. I posted it because of it's humorous irony. I didn't really mean to turn this into a political blog. But now that the discussion is open, I would like to opine that the global warming debate could do with a little more debate. It's not that I don't care about saving Earth, it's more like I care enough to question the dogma of the day (30 years ago scientists were claiming the earth was headed toward a new ice age). I happen to think that resources spent trying to control our climate could be better used adjusting to climate change. I also think that the global warming scare has been blown out of proportion.
The earth's temperature has been in a state of constant fluctuation throughout recorded history. I agree with scientists who say that changes in the earth's temperature correspond positively with changes in the sun's temperature--that is to say, the sun causes global warming and cooling, not minuscule traces of gasses in our vast atmosphere. By the way, if it turns out we can influence climate change, I suggest we pump more greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere because the latest data indicate the earth is getting colder. Check out these articles:

Daily Tech

U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works

Global Warming Planning a 20 Year Vacation

Sorry about that, I'll try not to get political in the future.
REALLY NO OFFENSE INTENDED

4 comments:

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Hey, I didn't think anything was wrong with what you said.
I just go along and trust whatever you say. Am I naive?
Love you, Aunt Venna Rae

Project Maniac said...

Kevin drives a diesel truck to help the environment!!!

Jacob Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacob Miller said...

My biggest issue is that nobody bothers trying to explain why CO2 is a lagging, not leading variable. If it is both lagging and causal, wouldn't it be a never ending vicious cycle? But it isn't a never ending vicious cycle. Why? I would really like to know the answer to that, but nobody will touch it. I think the "green" movement is mostly a way for people to create a reason to feel morally superior while not having a religion. Since the need to feel unique and morally superior is a major driver psychologically, it seems to be the logical reason for why atheists are more drawn to the green movement than... theists? God believers? I guess I don't know the word for that one. I had a typo in my last comment, so I deleted it. :)