Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Monday, March 10, 2008

Bed Time Story: Lyle, Lyle the Crocodile

Nate is such a good daddy! Especially when he helps me put the kids to bed. He is very entertaining to listen to, at least I think so. He loves to do funny voices. That is something that I remember my dad doing (and he still does it :)) with fondness. I'm glad Nate took it upon himself to carry on the tradition. I didn't even have to ask him.

I love how Nate puts in these clever comments without skipping a beat. I missed one of his funniest comments on the video, though. That made me sad. It was something about Lyle eating some of the kids at the party. I said, "Nathan!", in a shocked voice and decided to record a video.

Nathan can't get it through is head that Lyle is a nice crocodile. Obviously, he only eats the most expensive kind of Turkish caviar! He also has some far fetched idea that Ellie is going to try to make friends with a crocodile one day because she has read a Lyle, Lyle the Crocodile book. Nate also says that crocodiles are often portrayed as being friendly in children's books and videos and this concerns him (for some silly reason). He wishes to set the record straight.

I personally think this is ridiculous. Who is going to mix up a real crocodile with Lyle? First of all, Lyle stands up on two feet. What real crocodile do you know stands up like that?? Number two, Lyle looks cute and friendly. What real crocodile looks friendly? Have you ever seen a real crocodile? I have. Ain't nobody gonna wanna make friends with one of those! (Except the people like the Crocodile Hunter. It's people like that who we need to watch out for! They are the type who mislead children into thinking one can swim with crocodiles.) Number three, Lyle is a nice bright green. A real crocodile is not that green.

Well the video won't load. But I am going to post this anyway. If I can ever get the video to work I will post it later.

5 comments:

Nate said...

If my children can learn to call a croc a croc, they'll be more likely to call spiritual crocodiles crocodiles too...right? I mean, certain things are just inherently dangerous. You don't make friends with lawyers and rattlesnakes. You don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off the old lone ranger and you don't mess around with sin.

Shella said...

Nathan...is that a hint that you don't want us to be your friends anymore? Your antisocial tendencies coming out? (lawyer comment)
I think that your reasoning is quite sound.

Shella said...

lol I mean your reasoning about the whole croc thing. I'm not saying that your reasoning for not wanting friends is sound.

Cheryl said...

Lawyers can make good friends---but never pal around with a dragon.
Part of a child's enlightening is realizing the moral of the story.
Keep reading and telling good stories!
Lucky kids to have "2 sides of the story."

Kevin M. said...

I am reminded of the great "Calvin and Hobbes" story, normally read by his Dad "Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooey". Although I have never read it, Calvin's Dad did, and he always had funny voices and faces.

Good job Nathan. I can't wait to read stories to our little girl. Let's hope she doesn't have nightmares.

PS- As was said before, never pal around with a dragon and more importantly, NEVER COMB YOUR HAIR WITH A ROTOTILLER.