Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My New Adventures in Sewing

A friend in my ward recently started a sewing class. I decided to take the plunge and buy my very own, and very first sewing machine!!! I LOVE it. I got it for a steal at $118 including shipping. My first project was to alter a shirt that I purchased which was too large. Fourtunately it was a success. I felt very powerful. In fact I still feel empowered. There are sew many things that I can do that I never thought possible because I never thought that I could really sew. (Sorry I just had to throw that sew joke in there. Who could pass up an opportunity like that??? Nate aren't you proud of that one?) I can make pillows, sew on cards, make halloween costumes, mend clothes, alter clothes, etc. The list goes on and on! My current project is sewing my own Clutterbag (http://www.clutterbags.com/). I'll show you what it looks like when I am done. (Nate says that it is going to look hideous. I've agreed to disagree.) I also bought a shirt pattern. We'll see if THAT one ever happens though. Part of me wants to be cool enough to be able to do that, and the other part of me thinks I'm crazy. (Don't worry we don't really have multiple personality disorder.) Anywho, here are some photos:


Okay, pretty much not my best photo, but the shirt looks great. It used to be very boxy.


All I did was take it in by following the lines of the darts that were all ready present. It was easy already having a guide.
I've got to figure out what to do with that puppy picture. Cute, but not quite my style.
Sorry for the lame jokes. It is late and I am tired.





5 comments:

The Mursets said...

Good Job!! My Mom just helped me do the same thing to a dress I bought (adding darts). Good luck with all your projects!!

Meridy said...

Cool! I need to learn how to actually add the darts myself. I might be coming over to your house. :)

Deborah said...

Good job with that shirt! I'm impressed. I've had a sewing machine for years and have used it once! I'm excited to see your bag. Maybe it will inspire me!

Sheri said...

Hey! YOUR SEWING MACHINE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE MINE!!!!! rock on!

You look great, you shirt looks great, your bag will look great! Tell all of you good job for me.

And thank you for lending me your feet. They were lovely.

Kevin M. said...

Draw a mustache on the dog. Or tape a picture of a frustrated person on it for those times when you want to give up on a project. That happens to me, getting so frustrated I want to through the machine through the window. Um, maybe that's not the best idea. Ok, just replace it with a picture of your family; that will make you happy!
Good luck with the sewing projects. If you ever need help, let me know. Or if you want to borrow some patterns.
I loved the jokes.

Lori