Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Merinate was Tagged for Randomness and proof of Toquerville's Greatness

Random Things About Nate
by Nate Reeve

1. I wanted to get some direction for this project, so I looked up random in the dictionary.

2. I conclude that random, though it appears to modify "things about yourself," is actually intended to describe the way in which said things are selected for inclusion. That is, the items on the list are to be selected with no definite aim, reason, or pattern.

3. I like the word nonetheless.

4. Lately, I have been declaring at random times to friends and family that I invented and/or made up various concepts, devices, and people. Adults have been very understanding of this latest symptom of my mental illness, but children have taken great delight in contradicting me.

5. I cook by whim and nose. The results vary.

6. I'm not sure, but I think my right leg is slightly shorter than my left. My best evidence for this is how my pants fit, which leads me to wonder if my hips are just uneven. Either way, I'm not exactly balanced.

7. I enjoy reading Lao-Tzu's Taoteching. The version I have comes with commentary by various other ancient and modern Chinese philosophers. One of them, Huang Yuan-Chi, provided me with my theme for law school: "The ancients said, 'Two or three years of hardship, ten thousand years of bliss.'"

8. I met Meridy in the class where I learned about the Taoteching.

9. I also have a soft spot in my heart for stars and planets because we had Astronomy together that same semester.

10. I just remembered. I may have done a randomness post in the past. Now I'm terribly curious to see whether I am repeating anything.

11. The previous post was about "quirks." I guess its a similar thing, this post being less structured. Mer now requests that I link our previous quirk-style points....which means I'll hand her the computer and let her link the posts.

12. But not yet, because I tend to procrastinate.

13. I have one attached and one unattached earlobe. So, is that the sort of thing that gets fixed in the resurrection? If so, which lobe will change? If not, can you imagine going through the eternities with mismatched earlobes? Weird.

14. I love to eat cereal. In fact, I'm eating cereal right now.

15. The words, "Fifteen men on a dead man's chest," keep running through my mind. I thought about it and decided you could do it easily enough, provided you didn't have to have all the men on the dead man's chest at the same time.

16. I wonder what is society's facination with piratas y vampiros. If anyone has any thoughts, let me know.

This is actually Meridy for a sec, starting....now.

We were tagged to do this random list Nate accomplished above, by our friend Annjilla. I love things like that, and I love learning interesting facts about other people (as you know). However, in order to spare many of you from reading yet another one of those all about me, I had decided to post one somewhat impressive random thing, and that was going to be the new Shoe Tree (see POST BELOW and for original shoetree post click here.) Obviously, Nate stole my thunder. (But I'm glad he listed 16 random things himself because he is so interesting.) What I did decide to do, for those who have not read them and/or are interested, is create a link list to my many posts devoted to my uniqueness.

If you want to read 100 things about me: click here.
If you want to read my first list of quirks: click here.

If you want to read my second list of quirks: click here.
If you want a personality readout that I developed myself from a personality test that I took and then posted: click here. (This is very informative and accurate, it may even help you get along with me at the optimum level. :))

But since we are on the topic of that lovely place named Toquerville, I have decided to post some pictures of how beautiful it really is, because I know that some of you (named Sheri) were not previously convinced of Toquerville's greatness.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post and AWESOME PICTURES!

Sheri said...

Mer, pictures 1,2, & 3 do nothing to de-convince me that Toquerville is a sad, rundown and abandoned little settlement (with lovely foliage and quaint architecture, the kind that will crumble at any moment).

Pictures 3, 4, and 5, on the other hand, are QUITE beautiful and very awesome, leading me to suspect they weren't taken in Toquerville at all.

Why is that the "new" shoe tree? Was the old one hit by lightning?

And to Nate: I liked your randomness; I never knew that about your earlobes, so please pay no notice when I seem to be staring at your ears next time we speak. It's ALL IN YOUR IMAGINATION that I am staring at your ears.

As to the phrase, "Fifteen men on a dead man's chest", I honestly never pictured those men standing on the dead man's chest. In MY mind, it was a dead pirate, lying next to a treasure chest (they killed him for the gold, see), and All the guys were STANDING ON THE CHEST. (Their spoils of war, if you will.) I find it easy to picture 15 men standing on a rather large treasure chest. The dead man's chest.

Angie said...

I love Toquerville. There are some very sweet houses there and the buildings in these pictures and the Town Hall. Just the wrought iron fences at the town hall and clay studio are enough to endear me to Toquerville. Thanks Meridy for bringing it to our attention.
As for Nathan, you are quite an interesting fellow and I am also endeared to you!

The Leonards said...

So, I agreed with Sheri 100% about the toquerville! Some of it seems like an old run down town, maybe even a ghost town, while some of it is very beautiful. Peter and I loved reading about your quirks Nate, especially about your leg possibly being shorter, the fact that you love cereal (so does Peter) and your earlob!

Danny said...

I thought the fifteen men were dead, just like the dead man, but I guess the song isn't explicit about that. You'd get less complaints from the participants if in fact they were dead.

Great randomness. Is your attached earlobe the same side as your short leg? Maybe that side of your body just got the short end of the stick. (ha)

About randomness: I think random, rather really meaning random, usually means "unusual." For, if you were simply listing facts about yourself randomly, you would doubtless include some mundane and uninteresting facts about yourself, such as the fact that you're destined for the Rock n Roll hall of fame. However, I like the word random, and use it frequently and with pleasure.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Nate,
I too have one leg shorter than the other, it must run in the family. I think you and Meridy need to reside in Toquerville and you could run for Mayor.

Abby said...

Meridy! I am thoroghly convinced of Toquervilles? greatness now, although I am being lazy and don't know how to spell it...and I'm not going to look. It was so fun to see you in Cedar! I love the pictures!

Angie said...

I think mom has one shorter leg. You must get it from her. I don't know if I do. How can you tell? Both of my feet go all the way to the ground but, so do yours.

Shanae said...

So, Meridy, this has nothing to do with this post, but I want you to send me an invite to Shabby Chic Blogs.

By the way, my new blog address is shanaekevin.blogspot.com

Thanks

Shanae said...

I got to thinking about it and I realized that I didn't give you my e-mail... it's shanaeosguthorpe@gmail.com

Shella said...

Well, mom's ears are different, too. So...you got all the random genes from Mom. ;) And why haven't I ever noticed that your earlobes are different? Love ya!