Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Friday, August 22, 2008

Meridy's Quotable Thought of the Day

Here it is:

"There is something refreshing about being surrounded by normal-looking people in the grocery store, when one has just read an overly sentimental book about beautiful people. It's nice to know that there are still other normal-looking people, quite a few actually, who dwell upon this planet, and lead normal, fulfilling lives."

Yes, I made it up. Feel free to quote it. (I actually have a goal: To make up a very deep, and quotable quote. We'll see how long it takes.) I speak from experience, one I had this afternoon at Walmart. I think I've read too many books. There need to be more books about people who look normal. Just because you write a book, it doesn't mean that you have to make the characters all look gorgeous or exotic. I mean it's not a requirement. So after reading a book series recently, my trip to Walmart was nice. I kept thinking to myself, "Wow, you look normal. Go you!!!" I'm all about empowering people. So go out there people and wear your normal-looking pride on your sleeve!

4 comments:

Shella said...

Meridy, I like you. :)

Rachel said...

Ha ha - was it Breaking Dawn you read??

Danny said...

I believe in normal people. Heck, I'm one of them.

Cheryl said...

As I reread your post this morning I smile at your well written observations and "hip-hip-hurrays" for the everyday people, leading everyday, wonderful lives.
---as I will today!
XOXO