Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fish Dish


Sorry to those of you who don't like fish.....but fish is good. And I found out it is easy to cook. You put it in a baking dish, pour a bunch of delicious sauce (some you can buy or you can make your own easily), and bake it at like 425 for 20 min or so. Done. So easy. My mom has a good recipe for salmon with a sauce made from brown sugar and mustard....I haven't made it yet, but if I do I will post it. It sounds delicious to me. The salmon pictured above was made with a store bought lemon herb sauce. Fortunately, Ellie helped me prepare the salmon this time. She poured (I mean she dumped it on and a lot of it came out of the bottle) the sauce on, and it made it very delicious. The rice is out of a box. The company that boxed it is called Near East. Normally this box of rice would be expensive, but I purchased it on sale. It is fancy rice that contains orzo, which isn't even rice. See how they take care of you? The exceed expectations. To the left is zucchini fried with bacon. It turned out really tasty. Just add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan, throw in some bacon and zucchini, cover with lid, cook on medium heat, and stir occasionally. When you run out of water, let the bacon fry a minute before adding more water. Repeat this process until the zucchini is done. Yes, I'm sure there is an easier way to do this.....but that's not how I did it...

3 comments:

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Looks good! Fish is kind of intimidating for me to prepare, I'll have to try the store bought sauce. If Eleanor can do it, I should be able to make it work. I love your salmon game in the above post, I really wish we could enter, I'd love to have both the fish and the good company, but we don't meet the location criteria. You guys are so funny and entertaining, keep up the great posts.

Cheryl said...

The meal looks great.
For those not wanting to heat up the oven in the summer--the microwave takes about 4 minutes and you prepare the same way. The way that you bake fish in the micro is to cook it until it starts to flake apart. Fish micros very fast.
I like the way you cooked the zucchini. You may motivate me to cook a meal.

The Leonards said...

This looks so good, I am not a huge fish fan but I actually love salmon. I think it is less "fishy" then other kinds of fish. I am going to have to try it for sure. I love your recipes that you post since I run out of ideas sometimes! On a side note I wasn't able to take the cake decorating class last month but I am going to start it next month(Sep. 8th) if you want to do it with me:) I am doing it through Joanns instead of Michaels (Michaels offers the first couse on a sunday, how lame is that!) and it costs $21. I am super excited.