Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Privileges

Meridy despises basketball games on tv. Mention the Jazz game--her grey/green eyes will narrow, her regal brow will furrow, her beautiful lips will frown and her saucy shoulders will fall.

The problem has come to a festering boil with the onset of the playoffs. Fortunately, we have come up a workable solution.

Since we don't have cable, I get to visit my parents' house for the games. For the new routine, I take the kids with me and call Meridy at halftime. This gives her some alone time before she joins us. Unfortunately, she has begun to abuse her alone time privileges. She has been taking more time getting over after halftime. For the latest game, she conveniently left her phone downstairs and didn't come at all.

She must be desperate for some time away from those children. We'll see how this develops.

4 comments:

Project Maniac said...

Yes, I predict you will not see you wife for the rest of the games. That is very nice of you to take the kids off her hands so she can have some well deserved alone time. What a great husband.

Just what is a Clair? said...

Good job compromising! I bet Grandma loves seeing the kids too.:)

Sheri said...

hahaha, clever clever Meridy.

Ashley Miller said...

Or she just hates watching basketball. I can't say I blame her apathy.