Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Extraordinary Measures

It being "earth week", I shall answer a question posted to our blog quite awhile ago: What can you honestly say you are doing to help the earth?" Or something to that effect. I have pondered on this. This is what I have come up with. I swear I am not making any of these up.

1. I helped plant a tree in my backyard.
2. We throw our fruit and veggie hides and carcasses as "compost" for our struggling "garden".
3. I put a stop to my husband and children "feeding" the pigeons sand. (I must admit I am guilty of thinking it funny to see all those cute pigeons come running for their "food." But I didn't let it last longer than five minutes....)
4. I use biodegradable tampons. All you who use plastic ones should think twice about what you are doing. All you men......get off easy.
5. I try to keep the lights off as much as possible because I am cheap, but I will count it in my list because it so conveniently fits in.
6. We keep our empty freezer unplugged, except on special occasions.
7. I buy almost all of our clothes second-hand. Not only am I recycling, I'm getting highly-fashionable, very-sturdy, name-brand clothing for much less!
9. I taught two nine year old boys about recycling. Actually I taught one boy, I don't think the other one was paying too much attention.

Well there you have it. It's insanely late, and I am going to bed.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

ROFL at #4.

I'm glad you are saving the earth, one tampon at a time. ;)

Does the ice cream melt in the unplugged freezer?

Just what is a Clair? said...

Meridy, you rock.