Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Friday, December 12, 2008

Bedtime for Bozos

So, we were all pretty dang tired by the time we went to bed last night. Meridy was trying to put William to bed, but soon he wandered out of the room and came and said "hi" to me. Then he went and played with some toy. After a few minutes a tired, groggy Meridy came out and angrily plopped down on a chair next to me. "He didn't headbutt you. He was supposed to come headbutt you." Apparently Will had been headbutting her, so she told him to go headbutt Daddy. I guess he hasn't learned the word "headbutt" yet. Lucky for me.

Then I plopped down on the couch to read some scriptures. I was having a hard time keeping my head up and focusing on the words. When I finally managed to read a couple verses, this is what I was told, and yes, it came to me as direct instructions from heaven above:
I perceive that ye are weak, that ye cannot understand all my words which
I am commanded of the Father to speak unto you at this time.
Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have
said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your
minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again.

"Look Kid, you can't handle this right now. Go to sleep and come back tomorrow."

5 comments:

Meridy said...

This is what Nate couldn't hear from the other room:

"Ow!!"

and
"Ow! William that hurts!"

and
"Willaim! Stop headbutting me!"

and finally
"William, go headbutt Daddy! Ow! Go headbutt Daddy!!"

Shella said...

hahaha I really do like this post. :) I like the comment, too, Mer.

Shella said...

Oh yeah, hello, the title. A very good one. :) That's what I was originally going to comment on. Love the post. :)

Shella said...

Oh yes, and I was going to say why I liked the title so much. It brings back such great memories! Not any in particular, really, just the thought of being little with siblings that were little, too, and being told that it was time for bed. If only life were that way now...so simple...ah well, life is amazing now. I love family!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for inviting Abigail to the party. She had a great time. Hope you guys have a great holiday.