Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Anecdotes and Thoughts

Just thought you would all like to know that Cheryl's candied yams are delicious! This is not an actual picture of hers, but they depict the same kind that she makes. (Unfortunately I left my camera with the picture of Cheryl's candied yams that I planned on posting at my mom's house. So there won't be any pictures coming for awhile.) I love those toasty marshmallows on the top! Thanks Cheryl (and everyone else who helped) for a very lovely all around Thanksgiving dinner! Thanks to both sides of the family for sharing a happy Thanksgiving with us! We enjoyed it greatly.

A few random anecdotes and thoughts:

Ellie asked me what her shirt said the other day. I told her that it stated, "Little Friends." The shirt depicts two birds on the same branch. She pointed to them and said something like, "Just like me and William." I was so happy that she thinks of Will as her friend, and told her so. Then she said something close to, "And just like mommy is my friend. And daddy is my friend." I promptly agreed with that. Then I thought to myself, "Wait a second.." I'm starting to think that Ellie thinks of us less as parental figures and more as these advisors who tell her what she should do, but in the end she'll do what she wants anyway. :) I might should start working on this.....

I learned a few days ago that one should not wear a black shirt when one's son has a cold. Not a pretty sight....

I learned in the past couple days that God is good (once again :)) and cares about me personally. I feel loved when He puts happy things/postive outlook reminders/humor in my way to help me overcome some saddness.

I learned (once again on this one also ;)) that I have a great husband who is encouraging, and who can be very thoughtful. Thanks Nate!

I'm remembering that Christmas Spirit doesn't always just seize you this time of year. Sometimes you have to foster it yourself, and take action.

4 comments:

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Nice thoughts Meridy! I always enjoy reading your posts. It almost makes me want to update my own blog.

Cheryl said...

I enjoyed this post and especially agree with your last thought.
XOXO

Sheri said...

Hahaha about the black shirt with snotty babies! Funny stories about Ellie. I hope I can make it over to your house today, but it depends on how cold it is outside and how motivated I feel.

Unknown said...

Those look good. We had some good sweet potatoes that Sara and Stanford made. Thanks for all of the craft days this week. I had a really good time.