Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I Want to Live in Word World

"Welcome to the place where words come alive!"

Word World is a wonderful kids show that that teaches children the fun of reading and phonics. Frankly, I like because it is somewhat of a pleasant show to listen to in the background.

Every time I watch it, something astounds me: Pig has a cooking show. I always think "Why?" We have cooking shows on our planet because cooking is something that half of the population has trouble with at one point or another. On Word World all one has to do is find the letters that spell a particular food item, "build a word", and the food magically forms! How wonderful is that? If I want a pie, I only have to find three letters, "p", "i", and "e", squish it together, and WAHLA!: blueberry pie. (At least that is what it looks like in the show. I'm sure you could spell out pumpkin pie if you really wanted to.)

How EASY and MESS FREE! This is why I want to move to Word World.

Not to mention that if I want to build a rocket ship, all I would have to do is find the letters for "rocket". Or if I wanted say, a Jeep Wrangler, all I would have to do is dig up a few letters and I would get a JEEP! What a great world!

And Word World has letters floating around all over the place. They keep them in buckets in their homes. Dog digs them up out of the ground. Pretty much, this is a win-win situation.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Ha ha!

There is, however, something that bothers me. Everything is made out of letters, even the characters. But you can't really tell that, unless you look closely - no 3 year old is going to notice. And it makes the characters look wierd. And because the kids don't notice...for no apparent reason.

I DO like the idea of the power of words to cause reality...sounds like it could be the topic of a doctoral thesis....

Meridy said...

I think you should go for that doctoral thesis! ;)

Yeah, characters being built out of letters is a little weird. Think of the cloning implications....

But then I decided not to think about it too hard and wish for impossible simplicity in cooking dinner.

Paulette said...

Ya know, I kinda have thought the same thing watching that show. And have you ever noticed that Dora can fit an awful lot in that little backpack of her's. She always has what she needs plus some.:) But I do have one question...that blueberry pie is easily made BUT I wonder how good it tastes. It could taste like cardboard for all we know.:)

Abby said...

I wholeheartedly agree. Everything is bliss in word world. And it seems like someone is always baking a cake there. What a nice place.