Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I will be happy when....

......this shampoo bottle in my shower is empty.

Now, you expect Suave shampoo to be just as good as the "leading brand" with all of those commercials they put out urging us to save our hard earned dollars and buy Suave. Now you would hope that a company selling products in our good country would be honest with the people. You would hope that it really does clean hair. Well I'm here to to tell you that it does clean my hair. That is not what I am complaining about. I am complaining about the false advertising that occurred when word "natural' was printed on the bottle.

Why do I complain about the use of this word, when it states on the bottle that it is "infused with coconut extract"? What I am wondering is this: How natural can the shampoo be if it does not even smell like coconuts? Shocking, I know. Do you want to know what it does smell like? Nasty, Cherry, Cough Medicine. The kind that you have to choke down. The kind that I complain about Ellie hating so much (that she throws it back up), even though I hate it too.

I have tried so hard every morning to ignore the picture on the bottle that looks like a freshly cracked open coconut. I have tried every morning to pretend that it smells like a delicious cherry shake. But, sadly, it just does not work. Words can not express the excitement I know I will feel when I am purchasing a delicous smelling, new bottle of shampoo.

Now, if you are going to make a product that doesn't smell/taste such as it is advertised, the least you can do is make it taste as good or better. Like, my new alcohol-free Western Family mouth wash that helps stop gingivitis. It tastes somewhat of root beer. I am pleased enough with it.

11 comments:

LeAnn said...

I feel your pain. I bought a lifetime supply of Suave with coupons when it went on sale at Albertsons. I don't really like what it does to my frizzy hair. :( I've started opening and sniffing shampoo before I buy it.

Anonymous said...

The word natural, according to the FDA simply means, "something that exists".
If it's making you really upset get a different shampoo.
One bottle lasts apprx 6 months. Do you really want that mood for that long?

Meridy said...

Maybe I should just buy a new shampoo bottle....

Annjilla, you've made me feel empowered.

Shella said...

I hate Suave.
We've talked about TRESemme before, and I still like it very much. This last time, however, I bought Aussie just to try it. It smells amazing. I don't know that it works any better or worse than TRESemme, but it does have a better smell...and I love the smell of TRESemme.
Also, I'm glad to hear that Western Family makes alcohol-free mouthwash. :)

Echolaylee said...

You crack me up. Interestingly enough, I like the smell of that one. But, I also like cough syrup. Weird, I know.

Paulette said...

Love the new look of the blog! Sorry abt the shampoo issue:). I would say to just go buy a new bottle...but if it was me I'd be fighting with my mom's voice in my head to not waste the bottle of shampoo no matter how much I hate it!:). Eh, just go buy a brand new bottle of herbal essance (that stuff smells amazing)!! Why cause yourself grief when you don't have to! That's my new philosophy! Good luck!!

Danny said...

Just dump it down the drain. Laugh while you do this.

Just what is a Clair? said...

Dude, I always smell the champoo before I buy it. It is that important.:) And its not like you are breaking any seals or anything.:)
ps.It looks like we are moving next week I wish you guys could visit before we leave!

Angie said...

I love the new layout.
I like that coconut shampoo, in fact it is in my shower right now, I will pay more attention during the next washing. I agree with Shella on the Aussie, it smells great and I like my hair when I use it. Thanks for the reminder, next time I am going to buy that.
It is hard for me to waste things too, but, really only about a dollar right?

Cheryl said...

I love the way your blog background looks!!
Use the shampoo to shave your legs or mix it with good smelling dish soap and fill an empty liquid soap container.
I'd be disappointed too because I love the smell of coconut, but I do like Suave. Did you buy the matching conditioner?

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

The blog is lookin flashy! Love it!

Sorry about Suave, they'll do it to you every the time...