Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Antlions vs. Lester

Way back when we created this blog, we declared that we would keep it random. I think we haven't been random enough of late. So here is a story about a random antlion date. Last night Meridy and I had a much needed date. We were on our way to Zion/Springdale, but I decided to pull over in Rockville. Meridy and I like to take walks and look at houses together. Rockville has a lot of old and/or novel houses and yards, so we had fun. Eventually, we got to the cool old bridge. We read the plaque and were duly impressed. It turns out there are hundred of antlions under the bridge...right next to some ant holes...go figure. Here are some educational links for antlions.

I decided to show Meridy the wonders of nature, so I started helping the antlions out. Most of those antlions were hopeless. The ants escaped almost every time. One ant in particular was especially wily, clumsy, but wily. He was Lester. Lester kept stumbling into antlion holes, but he always got away. Billy was not so lucky.

7 comments:

Angie said...

Random indeed! Way to go Nate.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

I'll give you random too! I remember putting poor innocent ants into antlion traps when we lived in LaVerkin. It was pretty entertaining to watch. I went to your link and it brought back memories. I didn't ever name the ants though.

Danny said...

how did Phillip fare?

me said...

nice, check out my blog.. http://schoebec.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

I had no idea about antlions, and probably now I will never forget. Randomness is great.

Project Maniac said...

I also didn't know that antlions existed. Thanks for the education.

Shella said...

I was going to come onto your blog to comment that every time I see the title of this post on my blog, I think it says "Antoine vs. Lester."
Now that I am on your blog, I see how cute your new setup is! I love the title art and the new font. :) So...I'm commenting about that, too. :)