Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Few Good News Minutes

I never take advantage of these in Relief Society, either because I am feeling shy at the moment, or my "Good News Minute" doesn't seem grand enough to share. But it is fun to hear about some good news. So here are three of them in my life at the moment

1) My brother, Aaron, got his mission call!!! He is going to Eugene, Oregon!! Which I think will be the perfect climate for him. And it's far enough away to be different, but close enough that my mom doesn't have to worry about her first missionary being half way across the world. I was going to take his picture opening it, but I forgot my camera (In fact I'm not quite sure where it is, hence no pictures of my kids yet on the blog. I know it is somewhere safe though.), and he would NOT have appreciated me posting it. But he is happy about his call.

2) Not nearly so important, but happy for me, I got a new cell phone! The zero button actually works! I'm so happy. Did I say that already? I bought a pretty cover for it it.

3) Cheryl bought an exercise machine at Bee's Boutique (DI), and while we're living here, I get to use it. So I am exercising again, and inside a warm house too!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's all good news!

Sheri said...

Such good news! I can't believe Aaron is old enough to go on a mission. Are you SURE we're talking about the same Aaron? When does he report?

I'm so pleased about your zero button. Now you can call me ALL THE TIME!

Yay for exercising in a warm house. Woot!

The Leonards said...

I agree, all of it is good news! You, Nate and the kids should take a road trip up to Eugene OR to make sure Aaron gets there safely and on the way you can stop in Oroville!:) I am so happy that you have a new phone. Was your old phone the one that survived being washed a few times?

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Yeah for all of the great news. I really need to start exercising again. I never share in RS either, because it's always grandma's announcing their 29th grandchild or something like that.

sara said...

yeah, yeah, yeah!!! All such exciting stuff! I love that. :)

Project Maniac said...

Don't be afraid to share in RS. I share stuff like, I got one tomato on my tomato plant. It's good news to me , and they said they wanted good news. Or you could just make something up for the fun of it and see what kind of reaction you get.

Zwick family said...

Meridy,
I have a lot of relatives that live in Eugene, Oregon. And my grandpa built the Portland, Oregon temple. We love Oregon and it's a great place to be serving a mission. That's great news! We miss you here!!!

Love,
Andrea

Mandy said...

Yea for Meridy's good news! Yeah, I never share either. I just don't think to. One of my friends asked me why I didn't announce Aaron's mission call, and I thought, "Oh shoot, why didn't I think of that?" Of course, sometimes in my ward we forget to hold good news minutes all together. Anyway I love you Meridy! I'm sorry I haven't commented in so long. I finally wrote a new post for my blog so you should check it out!