Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It was the best of times, It was the worst of times...

Okay, the title is actually overdramatic, but it helps to illustrate what I've been feeling, in as much as it describes the push and pull of my life right now. It's been difficult to want to write because of this, but I think it is about time that I do because I feel discontected from people. I read your blogs at least once a week (even if I don't comment--except Jenny I still need your blog, could you email me again? I promise that I'll get it taken care of this time!), and I feel like I still know you, but that you don't know me because I'm not sharing--I miss my friends, but I love Hurricane and being with family. I want to know right now if Nate passed the bar so he can FINALLY be a lawyer of his own right, but he has a job working for a lawyer in town and got a paycheck with his law degree. (happy day!) I'm so happy that we have a wonderful place to live here with Cheryl, but I am patiently (I hope) waiting for a house of our own in Toquerville. To be happy about living in a place I love and with family I love, makes me feel guilty for not mourning the loss of such great friends more than I already do. To miss my friends makes me feel like I'm beytraying my family. To complain about the downside makes me feel like I am betraying those on the upside. So to sum up I've been really happy and really sad.........I know! Why don't all you Vegas people move to Hurricane?? We have the happy small town atmosphere, grass, desert, trees, mountains, fields, Zion National Park, Wal-Mart, the quilt shop, with St. George and the DI not too far away!


On a very happy note I'm actually looking foward to the fall here. I keep getting the sent of it on the wind. I loved fall in Vegas which actually equals "second spring", spring being my favorite season, so I am surprised that I'm so excited for a "real" fall actually durring the fall months. But I'll go with it and try not to think about the coming much colder winter. Yes, focus on fall. Fall, fall, fall.
And here are some recent and random pics:



7 comments:

Sheri said...

Everyone here in Vegas misses you too. Especially me. I miss you more than all of those other peoples combined. Just so you know.

But I'm glad you're happy and getting to spend time with family!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same as Sheri so I'll repeat it. Everyone here in Vegas misses you too. Especially me. I miss you more than all of those other people combined. Just so you know.
I haven't heard your response to the drama that unfolded this weekend. I haven't told you what happened on Sunday so if you want to know then let me know.

Just what is a Clair? said...

No way hosays(SP?!) I miss Meridy the MOSTEST! So there. I really do miss you Meridy. I miss crafting and talking and walking. You should come visit. Or next year when we take our UT trips. we are visitn gyou for sure.

The Leonards said...

I miss you too Meridy! Although I am no longer a Vegas friend. I am even further away from you now! I am so glad you posted pictures of your adorable kids. They seriously look older. You need to post some pictures of you and Nate too! I just got a bunch of coupons to Joanns and wanted to call you and go but of course I don't think that would work well. Hurricane does sound like a nice town, except the nasty DI of course:)

Charisse said...

Holy Cow your kids have gotten so big! It has been forever since I have seen them. So glad to hear everything is going well. When did you move from Las Vegas? Did you sell your condo? I started a new blog:

charisse-abc123.blogspot.com

Abby said...

I didn't know you were moving to Toquerville! I love it there! Such a cute place to live!

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

I know you will be missed in Vegas. Your kids are getting big. Also, here is a little tip for the scrapbooking. There is a place in Vegas called Franklin Documents. They are willing to do it for $1.25 a page. They will ship and I have used them for other things in the past. I hope they will do a good job. Hope that helps.