Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Friday, May 8, 2009

Thanks

In a few hours I'll be graduating from law school. I'm not going to lie to you--this has been the hardest 3 years of my life. I have been pushed to my limits, held there until I burned out and then kept in the fire to see how long I could keep going when I had nothing left to burn. But what I smell now is not the scent of charcoaled soul. I smell deliverance! Come, rejoice with me! On this day, I close a chapter of my life and prepare to move on.
Before we start the celebration, I should really thank the people who sustained me and made this day a reality.

Meridy: How can I tell you how much you mean to me? After God, no one will ever take precedence over you. Thank you for being with me through all the hard times, encouraging me, keeping me on task and loving me. I knew you were cool when I started hanging out with you. I liked you more the more I explored you. I have come to know you so well, and sometimes you still blow me away. You learn new tricks every day. I am so glad I chose you. Your rock-solid faith and companionship keep my soul alive.

Family, specifically Mom and Dad: Thank you for supporting us in every way. The older I get, the smarter you guys get. I respect your counsel, and I'm so thankful for your example. Should a 27-year old man with a wife and two kids still be running to his parents for help in every crisis? Thank you for financing all our adventures to hospitals, mechanic's shops, and Knott's Berry Farm. We'll pay back the money, but we can never repay you for the help you constantly offer us.

Friends, specifically Peter: Thank you for the fierce frienship, fierce discussions, and fierce loyalty. I'm just glad to call you ally and not enemy. You helped me keep it real, and I look forward to having you in the trenches with me in the future.

God: Thou hast sent me here. Thou hast preserved me. I have come to know thee better in my extremities, and I thank thee for the lessons. I'm sorry for complaining so much. I wish I had taken my medicine with more grace. I will continue to trust in thee. I thank thee for providing me with family and friends to see me through.

10 comments:

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Nathan & Meridy,
You two are terrific.
Your testimony always amazes and sustains me.
Love you both, So proud to be your Aunt Venna.

Danny said...

Congrats, Nate! I hope you eat a big bowl of ice cream - quickly.

Raelyn Austin said...

Congratulations Nathan...And Meridy for being so supportive, you are blessed to have such a great support team...Good Job!!!!

Sheri said...

Congratulations on graduating, Nate! You've worked hard, and everyone is very proud of you. Great work! I hope your graduation is fun and exciting (as fun and exciting as a graduation can be).

Ya done good.

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

Sooooo Awesome!
Congrats Reeve Family!

sara said...

Congrats Nate!

Meridy said...

That was beautiful Nate! Good job on your post. Even better job passing and surviving Law School!!!!

Cheryl said...

Wow, you were up in the night.
Dad and I just returned home from Las Vegas and I had to check my Peep's blogs before going to bed.
It was a joy to be with you today for your graduation and seeing your happiness and relief of having done so. It is a wise man who has a grateful heart.
You are an example to us and we know that you will be there for us when we ask for your help.
Love you both.

Project Maniac said...

Congratulations Nathan. It is a nice feeling to know you have that support behind you. Some times we forget, but are quickly reminded how much we are loved. Thanks for the reminder.
We have an awesome family that was taught well.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Nate,
You made me cry. I'm so happy for your family. We really do have great parents. You have a great way with words, if the law thing doesn't work out for you, you can be a writer. Good Job!