Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Monday, February 23, 2009

When you give a dad a Barbie book.....


There comes a time in every man's life when he is solicited to read a girly book by one of the most treasured females in his life: his daughter.

Tonight was such a night for Nathan.

The book was entitled Glam and Glitz. It is a highly fashion conscious book about Barbie and her best friend Emily (I personally don't know where she keeps digging up all of these new "best friends") and they "...can't believe it! They won tickets to the Mega Music Awards!" And then, "Barbie and Emily couldn't believe their ears!", Ken is assistant to the director and is going to introduce them to the Mega Music Award stars! Now Barbie really has to get a glam gown!!!!! Well, in this happy version of the story Barbie and Emily are best friends forever and Barbie lands on the front page of the newspaper because her gown was the most "glam" even after she had to make last minute sewing repairs because the dress suddenly tore!

Nate's version of the story was a bit different....It involved Ken shamlessly flirting with Emily, Emily deciding to ditch Barbie for Ken, and Barbie buying some new friends and then trying to show them off to Ken and Emily. Emily didn't want to hang out with Barbie's new friends because they were prettier than she was. Then Emily was dismayed because Barbie picked out the same dress to wear to the Awards. Barbie said, "I like it too!" Barbie's dress mysteriously tore (I think she secretly blamed Emily) and she wasn't quite able to fix it. It turned out okay though because everyone thought it was ripped on purpose and it started a new trend in formal wear!

I was laughing my head off! Ellie kept asking me, as she is OFTEN wont to do, "What's so funny mommy?" I just kept telling her that Daddy is funny.

After the book was over, Ellie said, "Sometimes daddies do it wrong. But mommies don't. Mommies always read it right." Then she proceeded to hand Daddy the Clifford book so that daddy could read that one "wrong" as well.

9 comments:

Ben and Anna said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Maybe Nate has some issues to work out :).

Sheri said...

lol. I think it's funny that DADDY was the one who turned the story into a true soap opera. lol. Silly daddy reading all the books wrong.

Angie said...

Ellie is right, I always read it word for word and I hardly ever skip pages. Lyf makes it up if he wants to. I just don't have any imagination. Nate is full of it, imagination, I mean!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you are having fun at your house. Really living is what we should do.
Love you!XOXOXO
Hi Ellie!
Hi William!

Kristina said...

Funny...!! I've also seen Newell skip a page or make something up..but not always...although if I am tired I have been known to skip some words or a page...If I can get away with it....

Abby said...

This post is HILARIOUS! I want to come over for storytime next time too. My poor daughter doesn't ever get such scandalous stories! J/k.

Shella said...

Loved this post. :) And you guys! Nathan has always been one for making things interesting! haha Love you!

The Leonards said...

I thought I commented on this but I didn't! Well I really did laugh my head off and hopefully you will write another blog again soon about Nate's version of some of Ellie's or William's books

Christy said...

That is too funny! I will say that his version is much more interesting!