Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz171ckdPS7

Thursday, July 22, 2010

I am tired of love triangles in literature!!!!!!!

I haven't written for a month, and all I have to say is: "I'm tired of love triangles in literature!!!", Yes. That is all I have to say.

Almost.

I'm looking up new books to read (a thing I often waste time on) in YA fiction (because they are "safer" in general), and half of them include love triangles. Why?!?! Perhaps I'm too straightforward a person to handle many love triangles. I want a book where boy meets girl, boy and girl may have issues, but boy and girl are not so easily distracted away from each other by some ultra-good looking, shadowy person just-thrown-in-there-to-make-the-book-interesting-to-the-hormone-influenced-teenager. Do you know what makes me mad? Half the time they end up with ultra-good looking guy instead of stable-I-will-love-you-forever-guy. What are we trying to teach here? Maybe I'll go write my own book.....

On Catching up:

Catching up a blog is so daunting, but perhaps I will make an attempt soon. I could at least post some pictures.....

4 comments:

Just what is a Clair? said...

Meridy why are you so far away!!!!
Maybe we will have to come visit you soon.:)

Angela (Turner) Howland said...

I'm right there with ya, Meridy, except that you read WAY more than I do. I don't get it either. I totally would read your book!

Abby said...

Amen Meridy! What you need is a western. Haha! There's no time for conflicted romance amid the train robberies, gun fights and trail blazing.

Paulette said...

You need to read Nicolas Sparks! He is good!